Retirement of drupal5 port

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 10:07:50 UTC 2011

On 7 March 2011 15:25, Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> http://drupal.org/node/880550
>
> "Drupal 5 will no longer be maintained when Drupal 7 is released. Upgrading
> to Drupal 6 is recommended."
>
> As drupal5 is now no longer maintained, I would like to schedule the removal
> of the freebsd drupal5 port from the ports tree at some stage in the near
> future.  So, unless anyone has any overriding objections, my preference
> would be to see it deleted on or around 2011/06/01, i.e. 5 months after
> drupal7 is released, and about 2 months from now.

Just for anyone following this, I've deprecated the drupal5* ports and
switched to using bsd.drupal.mk in Mk/ rather than drupal5/ [1]. I've
also sent in a PR to make a USE_DRUPAL knob to make it easier for
ports to use the drupal macros [2].

Chris

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-ports/2011-July/222066.html
[2] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/159288