[Announcement] TeX Live 2011: Extended FreeBSD support

Nikola Lečić nikola.lecic at anthesphoria.net
Mon Jul 25 10:47:37 UTC 2011

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 21:49:20 +0200, C-S wrote:
> First of all, this is great news.
> My question is: what is the reason for not creating a port given that
> you claim in your README.txt file that these binaries have been built in
> jails with minimal dependencies. This means that you have figured out
> what these dependencies are. Hence, I'd appreciate it a lot if you could
> help us create a working port of texlive.

TeX Live is a standalone distribution and I announced FreeBSD support
in/for the official TeX Live release. As a standalone distribution with
its own package management tools, it can live together with your other
software, including other TeX distributions.

A FreeBSD port of TeX Live has been discussed many times in the past on
this mailing list. For now, Romain Tartière created a TeX Live port that
can be fusioned with the current ports tree using the portshaker tool.
Please visit http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-texlive/.

(Btw, you can find the list of dependencies in the README.txt, section
2.)

--
Nikola Lečić = Никола Лечић
fingerprint : FEF3 66AF C90E EDC3 D878  7CDC 956D F4AB A377 1C9B