comms/umcs7840 doesn't compile under FreeBSD 8.2-stable

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 17 20:19:04 UTC 2011

Hello, Torfinn.
You wrote 17 июля 2011 г., 16:47:44:

> I just upgraded my machine to FreeBSD 8.2-stable (it was running
> 8.1-stable before):
> tingo at kg-v2$ uname -a
> FreeBSD kg-v2.kg4.no 8.2-STABLE FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #4: Sat Jul 16
> 02:07:14 CEST 2011     root at kg-v2.kg4.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
> amd64
  Known problem, as FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE change ABI for USB modules at
some point without any indication, so there is no way to distinguish
these FreeBSD versions.. But here is good news: driver is
in base system now, simple "kldload umcs.ko" does job :)

  OR add

load_umcs="YES"

  into /boot/loader.conf

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>