icu-catalyzed rebuild of avahi-app-0.6.29 fails (stable/8 @r223930)

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Tue Jul 12 01:30:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 05:49:09PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:

> I know that you already got some advice on dealing with the specific
> port that failed, but I wanted to add that 'portmaster -R -r icu' is
> probably what you want to do next. That will avoid rebuilding the ports
> that did build successfully last time, as well as (hopefully) avoiding
> having to rebuild icu again. The -[dD] options are completely
> independent of the -r stuff.

I recalled the use of -R, but I wasn't sure how well it would play with
the intervening (manual)

pkg_delete -f avahi-app-0.6.29

that I had issued.

And while re-building/installing devel/icu wasn't really optimal,
it wasn't a big deal, either.  Had it been, say www/firefox,
www/webkit-gtk2, or lang/gcc45 that wanted rebuilding, well.... :-}

It turned out that I needed a similar bit of evasive action (though
apparently for a somewhat different reason) for www/p5-libwww.

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.