[CFT] cpu stresser^W libreoffice 3.3.0 final

Steve Randall srandall52 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 13:50:46 UTC 2011

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 10:03:27 +0800
Denny Lin <dennylin93 at hs.ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 09:02:24AM -0600, Steve Randall wrote:

<snip>

> I also added FreeBSD to the script, and now it works perfectly. I can
> open, edit, and save documents without problems.

The script for printer administration needs a similar fix, but it's
less obvious how to go about it. Possibly it wasn't fixed for OpenBSD?

> > The *.desktop files installed in /usr/local/share/applications probably
> > should not be there. Most of them are incorrect anyway. What OOo does
> > is create a symlink to its own directory where the *.desktop files
> > live. Those in the corresponding LO directory work much better, except
> > none of them show icons in the menu. It looks like this is because the
> > *.desktop files reference e.g. Icon=libreoffice-base, but the actual
> > icon is (still) named ooo-base.png.
>
> The LibreOffice apps don't appear in the GNOME menu for some reason.

That's because of the *.desktop files. Try this:

# ln -s /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/share/xdg \
    /usr/local/share/applications/libreoffice

There won't be any icons in the menu, but that's not critical.

Printer admin will still be missing. printer-admin.desktop references
libreoffice-printeradmin, which is not in /usr/local/bin by that name
or any other.