can't switch tty HD 5770

Gustau Pérez i Querol gperez at entel.upc.edu
Sat Jan 29 10:00:23 UTC 2011

Al 29/01/2011 00:24, En/na Jung-uk Kim ha escrit:
> On Friday 28 January 2011 05:44 pm, LOL wrote:
>> Hi guys.
>> On every release of freebsd that i tried (-CURRENT, -STABLE,
>> -RELEASE) everything goes fine until I install xorg, gdm and gnome
>> by packages or not it does not make any difference. When I boot
>> with
>> gnome_enable="YES" , and gdm start, when I try to change tty, on
>> every tty, its a black screen and my monitor tell me, power saving
>> mode enable until I switch back to gdm. I installed the
>> xf86-video-ati driver and I have an ati radeon HD 5770.
>>
>> PS: I try to recompile with the WITHOUT_NOUVEAU knobs to get a
>> newer libdrm but it doesn't change anything.
> [I answered it on X11 list few days ago but let me repeat here.]
>
> xf86-video-ati-6.13.2 does not support VT switching for your video
> controller.  I believe VT switching for UMS path will be fixed in the
> next release of xf86-video-ati.  Also, it has nothing to do with DRM
> because FreeBSD does not support KMS yet.

    I read somewhere that there were plans to implement KMS and GEM in
FreeBSD. Do you know people know if there is someone working on it ?
OpenBSD already has it and DragonFly has made the move to implement it.
As Intel hw is everywhere KMS/GEM  would a nice thing to have.

    Best regards,

    Gus

PGP KEY : http://www-entel.upc.edu/gus/gus.asc
Stop top-posting :	http://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting