HPLIP 3.10.9 problems on FreeBSD 8.1

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 20:34:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 8:18 PM, Adam Vande More <amvandemore at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems to me hplip is in a lot of ways just an extension of CUPS.  I've
> had mixed luck with hplip although not with your specific issue.  I would
> try to run the hplip utility you're using from the command line to see where
> it is failing but you should be able to administer most functions from the
> cups web interface.  I had one printer that was said to be supported which I

Yes - this is good advice. Run hp-setup and hp-info from the command
line (as your user) if it doesn't work, try as the root user - if that
works you have a permissions problem.
if hp-setup doesn't work, see if setting up the printer through the
cups web interface helps.

Hope this helps the OP.
--
Regards,