Xournal: Please, help me with my first port

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 10:43:01 UTC 2011

On 22 January 2011 16:28, Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Thanks, but since the port does not honor DATADIR, it should not be there --
>> or the DATADIR case must be fixed first.
>
> Addressed below.

>>> Alright, came back and now the patch has the desktop-install target
>>> defined instead of using the post-install. This is reflected in the
>>> patch linked above ^^^
>>
>> Thanks, I was looking for something like that, but it should be
>> "INSTALL_TARGET= install desktop-install", because desktop-install does not
>> include install.
>
> Certainly. Looks as though we should define the do-install: target
> rather than rely
> on the provided ones; this means that we can make the port DATADIR safe. I'll
> look shortly.
>

>>> I've stuck it in my Tinderbox for testing, follow it here:
>>> http://tinderbox.bayofrum.net/index.php?action=describe_port&id=196
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I do not know Tinderbox enough to understand, why your mkfontscale build
>> tried to install an outdated version of freetype2.

Take a look at the new patch so far; I'm still working on Busybox at
the moment, so I'm afraid I can't step too much more through it, but
it should give you a little more to work on. I've tidied the REINPLACE
lines for you too.

http://www.bayofrum.net/~chris/patches/xournal.diff

DATADIR-safe appears unnecessary according to the conversation
http://www.mailinglistarchive.com/freebsd-ports@freebsd.org/msg08234.html
, so I think that this port should be fine as is right now. Try
submitting it, it should be fine.

Cheers!

Chris