how do i suggest a program for your ports collection?

Thomas Dettbarn dettus at dettus.net
Sun Jan 23 09:03:44 UTC 2011

> I should say that having used DHEX for a couple of minutes I should
> say that it is a good tool for my ocassional hex-related work, so
> I can port and maintain it or I can help you to port it.
like i said: i am mostly an openbsd user, so i'd REALLY appreciate it if
you could become the ports maintainer.
of course, i could always set up a virtual machine, install freebsd in
there. however, since i wouldn't use it very often, i fear for the
port's quality.

> And may I also suggest the attached patch to the DHEX Makefile:
thank you very much, i'll have a look at it.
> And the additional nit: compiling dhex on the FreeBSD 9.x shows some
> signedness warnings:
> I am not sure if they are harmful or harmless, but I usually it worth
yes, i saw them.
whenever i added -pendantic.

currently, those warnings are just a nuisance.
but i'll tackle them in the next release.