Xournal: Please, help me with my first port

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Fri Jan 21 22:01:42 UTC 2011

Finally, I found an application worse having that is not in ports and
looked simple enough to try: Xournal is my first attempt to create a new
port.

I followed the handbook and did the basic testing with porttools: There
are warnings about considering to use DATADIR if the port was
DATADIR-safe, but I do not assume it to be.

Moreover, there is a warning about my post-patch line. I think the
warning is wrong, but I am unsure about that line anyhow. The
desktop-install target in Makefile.in is wrong for FreeBSD, but there is
probably a better way to fix it.

Is my attempt to use the desktop-install target via post-install correct?

Do all the files installed by the post-install target go to the correct
locations?

Is there anything else I should fix before submitting the port as pr?

In case the attachment does not make it to the list, I have placed a
copy here: http://www.math.uni-hamburg.de/home/sylvester/xournal.shar

Thanks,
Jan Henrik
-------------- next part --------------
# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	graphics/xournal
#	graphics/xournal/pkg-plist
#	graphics/xournal/pkg-descr
#	graphics/xournal/distinfo
#	graphics/xournal/Makefile
#
echo c - graphics/xournal
mkdir -p graphics/xournal > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - graphics/xournal/pkg-plist
sed 's/^X//' >graphics/xournal/pkg-plist << '9b172bb60580b3357f245d535c347f95'
Xbin/xournal
Xshare/applications/xournal.desktop
Xshare/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/xournal.svg
Xshare/icons/hicolor/scalable/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-x-xoj.svg
Xshare/icons/hicolor/scalable/mimetypes/xoj.svg
Xshare/mime/packages/xournal.xml
Xshare/mimelnk/application/x-xoj.desktop
Xshare/xournal/html-doc/manual.html
Xshare/xournal/html-doc/pixmaps
Xshare/xournal/html-doc/screenshot.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/black.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/blue.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/default-pen.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/eraser.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/fullscreen.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/gray.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/green.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/hand.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/highlighter.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/lasso.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/lightblue.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/lightgreen.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/magenta.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/medium.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/orange.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/pencil.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/rect-select.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/recycled.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/red.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/ruler.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/shapes.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/stretch.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/text-tool.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/thick.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/thin.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/white.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/xoj.svg
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/xournal.png
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/xournal.svg
Xshare/xournal/pixmaps/yellow.png
X at dirrm share/xournal/pixmaps
X at dirrm share/xournal/html-doc
X at dirrm share/xournal
X at exec %%LOCALBASE%%/bin/update-desktop-database > /dev/null || /usr/bin/true
X at unexec %%LOCALBASE%%/bin/update-desktop-database > /dev/null || /usr/bin/true
X at exec %%LOCALBASE%%/bin/update-mime-database %D/share/mime
X at unexec %%LOCALBASE%%/bin/update-mime-database %D/share/mime
X at dirrmtry share/mimelnk/application
X at dirrmtry share/mimelnk
X at dirrmtry share/mime/packages
X at dirrmtry share/mime
X at dirrmtry share/icons/hicolor/scalable/mimetypes
X at dirrmtry share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps
X at dirrmtry share/icons/hicolor/scalable
X at dirrmtry share/icons/hicolor
X at dirrmtry share/icons
X at dirrmtry share/applications
9b172bb60580b3357f245d535c347f95
echo x - graphics/xournal/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >graphics/xournal/pkg-descr << '805b216eb83a8fb3d83ce023e5fa4c74'
XXournal is an application for notetaking, sketching, keeping a
Xjournal using a stylus. It is similar to Microsoft Windows Journal or
Xto other alternatives such as Jarnal, Gournal, and NoteLab.
XXournal aims to provide superior graphical quality (subpixel
Xresolution) and overall functionality; however it lacks the
Xcollaborative features of Jarnal. Since Xournal is still in its early
Xdevelopment stages, it may not be fully stable, and some features
Xhave not been implemented yet.
XXournal supports annotation of PDF files through the Poppler library;
XPDF files, much like paper styles, are loaded as an immutable
Xbackground image.
XWWW: http://xournal.sourceforge.net
805b216eb83a8fb3d83ce023e5fa4c74
echo x - graphics/xournal/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >graphics/xournal/distinfo << 'dbdf531c5f805ea1b755f1dff0d9beb7'
XSHA256 (xournal-0.4.5.tar.gz) = a7d7c2cb544451939779276e6e5ee5acc756bd0efb5253de15dc00bfe07755d1
XSIZE (xournal-0.4.5.tar.gz) = 425062
dbdf531c5f805ea1b755f1dff0d9beb7
echo x - graphics/xournal/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >graphics/xournal/Makefile << '7b6ea3301597bf7d5161b3f76878ae21'
X# New ports collection makefile for:	xournal
X# Date created:		21 Jan 2011
X# Whom:			Jan Henrik Sylvester <me at janh.de>
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=	xournal
XPORTVERSION=	0.4.5
XCATEGORIES=	graphics
XMASTER_SITES=	SF
XMAINTAINER=	me at janh.de
XCOMMENT=	A notetaking application that can annotate PDFs
XLIB_DEPENDS=	poppler-glib.5:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/poppler-gtk
XMAKE_JOBS_SAFE=	yes
XUSE_GNOME=	desktopfileutils libgnomecanvas
XGNU_CONFIGURE=	yes
XINSTALLS_ICONS=	yes
XOPTIONS=	GHOSTSCRIPT "Install ghostscript (PS/PDF as bitmap bg)" on
X.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
X.if !defined(WITHOUT_GHOSTSCRIPT)
XUSE_GHOSTSCRIPT_RUN=	yes
X.endif