New port needs review: net/erlyvideo

Jason Helfman jhelfman at e-e.com
Sun Jan 16 21:49:09 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 12:22:59AM +0300, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov thus spake:
>16.01.2011 23:44, Jason Helfman пишет:
>> On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 08:25:18PM +0300, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov thus spake:
>As you can see this patch indeed eliminates using of git, because this
>part isn't really needed for erlyvideo to work.

Read this wrong. Thanks, for pointing this out.

>> You may wish to consider a for loop on the make install target.
>> Are these directories created during the install process of the package? I
>> didn't see these directories created outside of the Makefile.
>
>Do you mean something like this?
>
>DIRS=	/var/lib/${PORTNAME}/movies /var/lib/${PORTNAME}/plugins \
>	/var/log/${PORTNAME} ${ERLYDIR} ${ETCDIR} ${WWWDIR}
>.for dir in ${DIRS}
>	${MKDIR} ${dir}
>.endfor

Yes, however are they created during a pkg_add command? Consider a recent
patch I submitted for comms/minicom.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/153749

Directories created in Makefile process, aren't created in the packaging
process, unless you are putting the operations into a pkg-install or an
@exec operation in pkg-plist, respectively.

That is my understanding, and what I have found in fixing ports here and
there. I fixed the packaging for www/tomcat55, as well. I found that as a
port it worked fine, however package installation would fail.

>> I noticed many '.gitignore' files in the pkg-plist. Is this necessary? I've
>> never worked with git before, or this application.
>
>No, it isn't needed. I'll try to delete them before install.

If it is included in the source, you can just add a post-patch operation
that does a find and removes them, and remove them from the pkg-plist, as
well.

>> When submitting this as a port through the PR system, I would suggest using
>> the shar utility:
>
>Yep, i know. I post the diff just to make it easy to comment in email.

I see. Good idea.

>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-submitting.html
>>

>> -jgh
>>

>Thank you for your suggestions!