Removal of libtool-2.4 in favor of libtool-2.2, why?

Andrew W. Nosenko andrew.w.nosenko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 22:52:56 UTC 2011

At the time of "collapsing" of the two ports (devel/libtool22 and
devel/libtool24) into single one (devel/libtool) the "survived" occur
libtool-2.2 (formely devel/libtool22).  Why?  I'm very confused,
especially considering that libtool-2.2 is not fully compatible with
autoconf-2.68 and one of the main reasons for libtool-2.4 was this
autoconf-2.68 compatibility....

Can I ask autotool's maintainer(s) (sorry, it hard to determine
human's name from autotools@ alias) to upgrade devel/libtool from
libtool-2.2 to libtool-2.4 and, as consequence and for completeness,
libltdl-2.2 to libtool-2.4?

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <andrew.w.nosenko at gmail.com>