FreeBSD Port: isc-dhcp41-server-4.1.2,1; Concurrent IPv4 DHCP and DHCPv6

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 7 21:34:32 UTC 2011

On 01/07/2011 12:46, Tom Judge wrote:
> Hi Doug,
>
> I think (imho) the apache style scripts are better than the one in
> openvpn for example.
>
> The main reason for this is that they are more along the lines of how
> other platforms have implemented this feature.

That's not a reason either to, or not to do something in FreeBSD. The
rc.d system is substantially different that sysV style init.d, and has
more capabilities in some ways.

> Maybe we need a more generic way of doing this rather than each port
> providing their own implementation?

I agree, and I thought I made that point in my initial post. :)

Doug

			-- OK Go