FreeBSD Port: isc-dhcp41-server-4.1.2,1; Concurrent IPv4 DHCP and DHCPv6

Tom Judge tom at tomjudge.com
Fri Jan 7 20:46:39 UTC 2011

On 01/07/2011 02:04 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 01/07/2011 11:57, Olli Hauer wrote:
>
>> Maybe something like the apache22 rc script will work.
>>
>> Apache22 can start more than one instance and it is easy to control
>> all or only a single instance with the apache rc script.
>>
>> And the best, it works without links
>
> With respect to those involved, the apache scripts are a good example of
> what I don't want more examples of.

Hi Doug,

I think (imho) the apache style scripts are better than the one in
openvpn for example.

The main reason for this is that they are more along the lines of how
other platforms have implemented this feature.  Ubuntu/debian uses an
init.d script with the same semantics as the apache script except its
definition of a profile is a file with a .conf extension in /etc/openvpn/.

Maybe we need a more generic way of doing this rather than each port
providing their own implementation?

Tom

This is my slightly biased opinion as I am the author of one such script
in the tree.

--
TJU13-ARIN