Xfce 4.8pre3

Olivier Duchateau duchateau.olivier at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 22:12:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

I don't know, if anyone follows development of Xfce 4.8, the next
stable version comes out soon, scheduled on January 16th, 2011. There
are still  « things », that do not work well or are broken, in
particular Thunar (thunar-volman is broken due to lack of udisks and
gudev), and trash applet panel.

Since the last version of xfce4-panel (4.7.7), desktop files plugins
must go into ${DATADIR}/xfce4/panel/plugins rather than
${DATADIR}/xfce4/panel-plugins. So I add a new variable 'xfcehack'
(See bsd.xfce.mk.diff) like 'gnomehack' in Mk/bsd.gnome.mk. This
problem should be fixed when stable version will be announced. We must
also replace in pkg-plist 'panel-plugins' by 'panel/plugins'.

I can send, an archive of « core components of Xfce » (with garcon,
tumbler, libxfce4ui, and xfce4-notifyd), if anyone is interested.

Regards

--
olivier