ports-mgmt/portconf , ports-mgmt/portmaster and make args

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 1 19:18:05 UTC 2011

On 12/31/2010 18:40, b. f. wrote:

> You don't need to go to those lengths.  You could just add a
> command-line switch, or a check for a cookie (.buildme or .nopkg, say)
> in the corresponding PORT_DBDIR  subdirector(y|ies), or both, to allow
> the user to indicate to portmaster that it should always build the
> port(s) in question, even if -P is used.

My preferences are for something that it's possible for other port tool
authors to use, and something that requires the minimal necessary steps
for the user. Since the OP is already editing knobs in ports.conf, and
since IMO either ports.conf or make.conf are easier to transport between
systems I think I'll give Matthew's idea a try first. :)

			-- OK Go