Find a corrupt port

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Sat Feb 26 14:30:17 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 03:22:28PM +0100, David Demelier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems I have a corrupted port on my system :
>
> $ pkg_info
> [...]
> dmxproto-2.3        DMX extension headers
> pkg_info: corrupted record (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
> pkg_info: corrupted record (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
> pkg_info: corrupted record (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
> pkg_info: corrupted record (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
> docproj-1.17_4      The "meta-port" for the FreeBSD Documentation Project
> [...]
>
> Because it happens after dmxproto O tought it was this one, but
> after a make deinstall reinstall in x11/dmxproto the corrupt message
> is still there so I'm guessing if it's the corrupted port.
>
> How can I easily find?

Well, one way is to look for pkgdep lines without arguments:

  cd /var/db/pkg
  find . -mindepth 2 -maxdepth 2 -type f -print0 | xargs -0 egrep -e 'pkgdep[[:space:]]*$'

If this doesn't work, you can always run pkg_info for all your packages:

  cd /var/db/pkg
  for i in */; do pkg_info "$i" 2>&1 >/dev/null | sed -e "s@^@$i "; done

Hope that helps.

G'luck,
Peter

Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net roam at FreeBSD.org peter at packetscale.com
If this sentence were in Chinese, it would say something else.