Request for new port review: TortoiseHG.

arrowdodger 6yearold at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:25:07 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Sunpoet Hsieh <sunpoet at sunpoet.net> wrote:

> It looks like you'll have two ports, version 1 and 2, and these two
> ports do not conflict with each other.
> IMHO, I would simply use devel/tortoisehg1 for version 1 and
> devel/tortoisehg for upcoming version 2.
> You do not need to add -gtk or -pyqt suffix to emphasize the use of GTK or
> Qt.

Okay.

Now regarding this:

> >> In your case, it can be done without extra patch files.
> >>
> >> .if !defined(WITH_NAUTILUS)
> >>        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e '153,154 D' ${WRKSRC}/${PYSETUP}
> >> .endif
> >> .if !defined(WITH_NLS)
> >>        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e '150,152 D' ${WRKSRC}/${PYSETUP}
> >> .endif

-e 'x,y D' removes whole line, so all lines under removed line get shifted.
So, it's impossible to apply them in all combinations.
I'm not familiar with sed, but is it possible to delete whole line, but
leave \n at the end so line numbers will not be shifted?

PYDISTUTILS_EGGINFO defaults to

> ${PYDISTUTILS_PKGNAME:C/[^A-Za-z0-9.]+/_/g}-${PYDISTUTILS_PKGVERSION:C/[^A-Za-z0-9.]+/_/g}-${PYTHON_VERSION:S/thon//}.egg-info
> (Mk/bsd.python.mk, around line 509)
>
> For Python versions, see PYTHON_VERSION, PYTHON_PORTVERSION and PYTHON_VER.
> (Mk/bsd.python.mk, around line 372-410)

Okay, i will look there.

By the way, currently 'make fetch' does not work, because hosting site have
broken certs. So, i was forced to do this:
RUN_DEPENDS=    hg:${PORTSDIR}/devel/mercurial \
                wget:${PORTSDIR}/ftp/wget

FETCH_CMD=wget
FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS=--no-check-certificate

Is it ok?

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Eitan Adler <lists at eitanadler.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Congrats on your first attempt! Here are a few issues with the port.
> Please don't take them personally.
> 1) install port-mgmt/portlint  and run it on your port (portlint -CN)
> it will point out a lot of things
> 2) The preferred format for new ports is a shar - not a .tar.gz file
> 3) It is not newline terminated
> 4) the .egg-info files should not be included in the pkg-plist
> 5) replace @dirrm lib/nautilus with @dirrmtry lib/nautilus because
> your port does not directly create this directories
> 6) And what i've been told is that i should use EXTRA_PATCHES, insteand of
> invoking patch.  --> yes. Please use a patch file unless it something
> that has to be run on a significant number of files. reinplace makes
> it harder to find out what is being patched. You may want to use 'make
> makepatch' to generate them.

Eitan, thanks for your suggestions too.