Request for new port review: TortoiseHG.

arrowdodger 6yearold at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 09:16:01 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Sunpoet Hsieh <sunpoet at sunpoet.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all, I suggest to set PORTNAME=tortoisehg
> If you do want to add -hgtk suffix, you may set PKGNAMESUFFIX=-hgtk
> instead.
> It makes portlint happier.
> It also simplifies Makefile since DISTNAME is already the default value.

Well, i added -hgtk because TortoiseHG 2.0 (which will be released at March)
will be using PyQT, but current GTK version will be supported as long as it
is used. So, user will be able to choose between hgtk if he prefers GTK or
pyqt if he likes Qt. It is not an option for a port, but two different
programs and they can be installed simultaneously.
Maybe the port itself should be called tortoisehg-hgtk?

In your case, it can be done without extra patch files.

> .if !defined(WITH_NAUTILUS)
>        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e '153,154 D' ${WRKSRC}/${PYSETUP}
> .endif
> .if !defined(WITH_NLS)
>        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e '150,152 D' ${WRKSRC}/${PYSETUP}
> .endif

That's definetely nicer than any patches.

Here, I suggest a shorter option name "NAUTILUS" instead of
> "NAUTILUS_EXTENSION".
> Also, for PLIST_SUB, I think "NLS" is OK for most ports.
>
> .if !defined(WITH_NLS)
> PLIST_SUB+=     NLS="@comment "
> .else
> PLIST_SUB+=     NLS=""
> .endif

Will do.

> > 2. The port also installs *.egg-info file and i'm not sure how to include
> it
> > in the plist.
>
> You should set PYDISTUTILS_EGGINFO=<egg-info files>.
> bsd.python.mk will add them to PLIST automatically.
>

> PYDISTUTILS_EGGINFO defaults to tortoisehg-1.1.9.1-py2.6.egg-info.
> (when PORTNAME=tortoisehg)

What if PORTNAME!=tortoisehg? I mean, if i'm setting PYDISTUTILS_EGGINFO,
where should i obtain that -py2.6- part?

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Eitan Adler <lists at eitanadler.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Congrats on your first attempt! Here are a few issues with the port.
> Please don't take them personally.
> 1) install port-mgmt/portlint  and run it on your port (portlint -CN)
> it will point out a lot of things
> 2) The preferred format for new ports is a shar - not a .tar.gz file
> 3) It is not newline terminated
> 4) the .egg-info files should not be included in the pkg-plist
> 5) replace @dirrm lib/nautilus with @dirrmtry lib/nautilus because
> your port does not directly create this directories

Ok.