How to not use OPTIMIZED_FLAGS properly

Ruslan Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Mon Feb 7 17:35:43 UTC 2011

Hello.

I'm working on port that doesn't builds with "-O2 -pipe", that passed to
Makefile by default (it exits with message about virtual memory is
exhausted). I can avoid this by setting CFLAGS="" and CXXFLAGS="" in
CONFIGURE_ENV. But portlint is complaining like this:

WARN: Makefile: CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS are not needed in CONFIGURE_ENV as they
are already added there in bsd.port.mk.
FATAL: Makefile: CFLAGS are clobbered in CONFIGURE_ENV.  Alter CFLAGS in
the Makefile with CFLAGS+=... instead
FATAL: Makefile: CXXFLAGS are clobbered in CONFIGURE_ENV.  Alter
CXXFLAGS in the Makefile with CXXFLAGS+=... instead

What is the right way to do the job?

PS. If i set -O0 in CONFIGURE_ENV, it's later redefined to "-O2 -pipe".

--
Regards,
Ruslan