What ports require this port?

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Mon Feb 7 02:24:24 UTC 2011

On 2/6/2011 9:03 PM, b. f. wrote:
> On 2/6/11, b. f.<bf1783 at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>>> Over the weekend, a new feature was added to FreshPorts BETA.  A port
>>> now lists all ports that require it.  This code will eventually move to
>>> production after it's been running on on the beta site for a while.
>>>
>>> Notes:
>>>
>>> * The code uses the output of make -V RUN_DEPENDS -V LIB_DEPENDS -V
>>> BUILD_DEPENDS
>>
>> If you're going to include BUILD_DEPENDS, then you should also use -V
>> PATCH_DEPENDS -V FETCH_DEPENDS.
>
> And, of course, -V EXTRACT_DEPENDS.

While we're here... is there anything special about PATCH_DEPENDS,
FETCH_DEPENDS, and EXTRACT_DEPENDS that might be different than the
depends I'm already processing?  They seem to be the same format:

[dan at ngaio:/usr/ports/graphics/tifmerge] $ make -V EXTRACT_DEPENDS
tuc:/usr/ports/converters/tuc
/usr/local/bin/unzip:/usr/ports/archivers/unzip

[dan at ngaio:/usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl] $ make -V PATCH_DEPENDS
/usr/local/bin/perl5.8.9:/usr/ports/lang/perl5.8
/usr/local/bin/perl5.8.9:/usr/ports/lang/perl5.8

However, my manual searches to find a port which outputs a value for
'make -V FETCH_DEPENDS' have failed so far.  But I'm sure it will turn
up during my first few test runs.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/