salt rc.d scripts (Was: RUN_DEPENDS for python based port)

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 02:29:00 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Try doing s/-/_/ for all the $name variables. I think that's what's
> causing your problem.

I did a little more testing (and I added the Makefile and .in file
suggestions). I can now get it to run consistently if I change $name
to use all underscores, and also update $command to 'salt-master'
instead of $name. Definitely something funny about having dashes in
the name I guess.

Also, one last thing.. anytime I try to stop the newly started
services they each complain about 'salt_master not running? (check
/var/run/salt_master.pid).'

Do I need to create the pid in the rc script, or in the Makefile?

Very, very close now. Thanks again for all the help guys.