Building ports with gcc46

Andrew W. Nosenko andrew.w.nosenko at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:22:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 02:05, b. f. <bf1783 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> If you are interested in applying them to a single port, use a test on .CURDIR,
> or, better yet, add the statement to any of the optional Makefiles that are
> automatically included by bsd.port.mk and were intended for that purpose --
> ${MASTERDIR}/Makefile.local, for example.

Unfortunatelly, the Makefile.local included too late for have any
positive/intended effect (e.g. define port-specific WITH/WITHOUT knob,
modify CONFIGURE_ARGS,...) in many cases/ports.  Therefore, advise to
use Makefile.local is unreliable.  And we left in situation, where
make.conf is the only one reasonable working solution :-(

But yes, it should be properly conditionalized by .if/.endif

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <andrew.w.nosenko at gmail.com>