lang/gcc46

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Tue Dec 13 10:21:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011, Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh wrote:
> We have lang/gcc already. This port is created for perferred gcc
> releases (4.6.2 currently). What we're waiting for is a bsd.gcc.mk
> update to allow users build ports with lang/gcc instead of lang/gcc46.

Actually, it's even better. :-)  Replace lang/gcc46 by lang/gcc on
your local systems, Kevin and Jason, and that (not lang/gcc46) will
be used henceforth.

There is a small issue in that this will not be recorded properly as
a dependency when you build packages, but apart from that (if you use
ports or ensure the lang/gcc package is present wherever you install
things built that way, you should be good.

Gerald