lang/gcc46

Jason Hellenthal jhell at DataIX.net
Mon Dec 12 17:36:27 UTC 2011

Hi Gerald,

As a request once again similiar to one I have made in the past... Would it be possible yet to slow down the update process for the gcc46 port ?

This is turning out to be quite the pain in the U-Know-What with version flapping and rebuilding because a port depends on it. If I am correct it is updated weekly. I caught the tail end of the previous update and the day after it was bumped to the next snapshot version & by the time both of those were finished the port had once again been bumped to _1.

Is there anything that could be done to stabalize this ... ?

At this point I am left for the manual intervention of using +IGNOREME files or excluding by whatever means neccesary as weekly updates seem completely unneccesary now that alot of ports are shifting to depend on gcc46.

Can a gcc46-devel port be branched for those that absolutely need the weekly updates ?

Thanks,

--
;s =;