FreeBSD Port: xapian-core-1.0.22,1 (fwd)

Doug Penner darwinsurvivor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 08:28:46 UTC 2011

Hello Henrik,
I am trying to see if it's possible to get Xapian 1.2 in the ports system,
either by updating the existing Xapian port, or adding a new one (such as
databases/xapian12). But apparently there are some issues blocking this
from happening. I would like to know if you have any information about
what those issues may be and if there is anything I can do to help resolve
such issues. Dependent ports have been mentioned as an issue, but that was
over 12 months ago, so I'm not sure if those issues still exist.

My reason for this is that I am trying to get notmuch (notmuchmail.org)
added to the ports and while it builds and runs fine with Xapian 1.0, it
is supposed to run much faster with the new 1.2 version.

Thanks
~Doug Penner
A.K.A. DarwinSurvivor