FreeBSD Port: xapian-core-1.0.22,1

Doug Penner darwinsurvivor at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 09:11:23 UTC 2011

I noticed that xapian was held back to 1.0 while waiting for either
dependant port maintainers to update to the newer version, or for a second
copy of xapian to be added to ports.

The last activity on the bug tracker seems to be from just over a year
ago. Has there been any progress on getting xapian updated?

I ask because I am trying to get notmuch (notmuchmail.org) going as a
port. So far notmuch compiles, runs and functions just fine, but xapian
1.2 is said to be MUCH faster than 1.0, so I was hoping that you (being
the maintainer) would be able to green-light the update. That is of course
assuming the blocking packages/etc have been resolved.

Thank You
~Doug Penner
A.K.A. DarwinSurvivor