Linux compatibility with more than one Linux installed?

Thomas Mueller mueller6727 at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 7 11:56:50 UTC 2011

Too much to quote here without making a mess, and I want to get to bed, but thanks for all the ideas.

I noticed the advice with emulators/wine that running programs on an actual MS-Windows partition can make a mess of said partition; wonder if there would be such a hazard with Linux instead of MS-Windows.

But it was safe to run programs on a DOS partition when I had OS/2 Warp 3 and 4, which could run many DOS programs even without using an actual DOS installed.

OS/2 Warp 4 could also boot a specific version of DOS, but there were still limitations on what DOS programs could do when running under OS/2.

Tom