cvs commit: ports/mail/procmail Makefile

Matthias Andree mandree at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 31 17:08:17 UTC 2011

Am 30.08.2011 23:45, schrieb Beech Rintoul:

> I second that, I also have it installed in several places and haven't had any
> problems. I don't want to have to move to another app just because someone
> feels like deprecating a mature port. I think the old addage "if it ain't
> broke" applies here.

If everyone cared to read not just the past three posts but what was
written earlier in this whole thread, and ceased adding to the
meaningless "I've had no problems", that would help.

Just because someone hasn't tripped over the bugs yet, is not a reason
to keep a port known to have massive bugs.  It's like security bugs,
many people won't notice them and believe the software to be in proper
working order until after it's too late.

There's a difference between "mature" and abandoned-and-known-buggy.
Not everything that hasn't changed in years is mature, there are a
number of projects that have simply died and not been picked up by
somebody else.