rid.so missing in samba34/35

Carsten Jensen nospam at flipmode.dk
Wed Aug 31 15:50:32 UTC 2011

Hello.

I've just compiled samba35 from ports with the extra config settings
ADS/SWAT/DNSUPDATE, no default settings were removed.

After joining the samba as a stand alone server in a windows AD.

settings in smb.conf are

<snip>
idmap backend = rid:domain=15000-20000    (edit: idmap_rid:... is
deprecated in 3.5)
idmap uid = 15000-20000
</snip>

the samba backend doesn't seem to work, as I get a user/password auth
box on the windows computers when trying to connect.

looking in the logs I get the error message "failed to open
/usr/local/lib/samba/idmap/rid.so" as the file doesn't exist there.
I noticed this folder was empty for 3.4, but had some modules there in
3.5 (which ones, I don't remember now)

running FreeBSD 8.2 AMD64

anyone know if this is missing from ports, compile issue or.. ??

cheers
Carsten