MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE: how do *you* handle it?

Olli Hauer ohauer at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 29 17:36:05 UTC 2011

On 2011-08-29 04:05, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> I'm wondering how other ports maintainers are dealing with their
> definitions of MASTER_SITES=, DISTFILES=, DISTNAME=, etc. with regards
> to Sourceforge.
>
> In browsing a number of projects recently on Sourceforge, I've noticed
> that the paths to project distfiles are now using the element
> "projects" rather than "project".
>
> What I'm looking for is how to declare things in a clean and elegant
> fashion in a port's Makefile to handle these cases, one that will
> hopefully not require any revisions for later upgrades.  Is it necessary
> to just scrap the "SF" definition entirely and hardcode the URL?
>
> In addition, I've run across a few projects that use slightly differing
> versions of the project name, either somewhere in the path or for the
> distfile name itself.  For example, looking at the "scidvspc" project
> earlier today, I noticed this:
>
> The link for the distfile is defined as:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/scidvspc/files/source/scid_vs_pc-4.5.tgz/download
>
> Clicking the download link, one is presented with alternatives in case
> the download doesn't start automatically.
>
> The "mirror" link:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/settings/mirror_choices?projectname=scidvspc&filename=source/scid_vs_pc-4.5.tgz
>
> The "direct link":
>
> https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/scidvspc/source/scid_vs_pc-4.5.tgz?r=&ts=1314582468&use_mirror=superb-sea2
>
> Frankly, I'm baffled as to how our current definition of
> "MASTER_SITES=SF/<something>" is supposed to handle all of this.
>
> Can anyone point me towards a source of enlightenment?  :-)

Hi Conrad,

It depends a little on the port name, I will show two ways.

1)
PORTNAME=      scidvspc
PORTVERSION=    4.5
CATEGORIES=     games
MASTER_SITES=   SF
MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR= scidvspc/source

DISTNAME=       scid_vs_pc-${PORTVERSION}.tgz

2)
PORTNAME=       scid_vs_pc
PORTVERSION=    4.5
CATEGORIES=     games
MASTER_SITES=   SF
MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR= scidvspc/source

EXTRACT_SUFX=   .tgz

If the source is not already in $distdir you can check the
resulting url's with the command
$> make fetch-list

--
olli