Problems building devel/gobject-introspection

Ruslan Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Mon Aug 29 09:45:40 UTC 2011

Peter Jeremy wrote on 29.08.2011 07:29:
> On 2011-Aug-26 15:05:35 +1000, Peter Jeremy<peter at server.vk2pj.dyndns.org>  wrote:
>> I am having problems building devel/gobject-introspection on one
>> 9.0-BETA1 host.  I can build it without problems on 8.2 and another
>> 9.0-BETA1 box.  In all cases, I'm using gcc and amd64.  The failure
>> is:
>> Since this only happens on one box, it's presumably something I've done
>> but I'm not sure what.  Google hasn't helped.  Does anyone have any
>> ideas on where to start looking?
>
> Turns out that my python was dodgy.  Deleting
> /var/db/ports/python27/options and rebuilding with default options
> fixed it.  I thought I was using the defaults before but forgot to
> check the contents before deleting it.

And did you realize what python option had triggered that? I'm curious
since i'm wasn't able to reproduce it here. For me it looks like
upstream bug dealing with unicode() vs str() output, since errors like
that you provide in original message may be fixed by `setenv LANG C` in
most of cases.

--
Regards,
Ruslan