Ports system quality and trolling

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Aug 29 09:14:39 UTC 2011

Am 29.08.2011 02:24, schrieb Jerry:
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 16:26:29 -0700

> Doug Barton articulated:

>> You seem to be operating under the assumption that we owe you
>> something, and that by failing to provide that thing we owe you we
>> have wronged you somehow. You may wish to take a step back and
>> consider that premise in light of what you're paying for this
>> stuff. :)
>
> So, to follow that statement to its logical conclusion, you are
> inferring that if user is not paying for a product they have no right
> to expect quality. OK, now I can better understand where you are coming
> from.

Jerry,

What I believe Doug is trying to say is that there is no formal
agreement that would give you personally an enforcable right to a
particular quality level of the ports@ tree at all times.  Whether that
agreement is incentivized by money or whatever else you may think of.

I've spend one hour reading and figuring if there are constructive
options raised in this thread and I'm sorry to say that those parts were
mentioned days ago and nothing new was added in the past day or so.

Can we put anything that doesn't specifically deal with how to actually
fix the problem, or avoid it for the future, to rest in as far as this
thread is concerned?  I believe all that bears any relevance to this
thread has been said in this thread.

Thank you.

Best,
Matthias