Ports system quality

Michal Varga varga.michal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 07:55:26 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 00:17 -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> are unlikely to ever get to that point. I would also point out that from
> a project management standpoint developers rarely make good QA people.
> To do this right you really would want separate teams.

As I said, that's not something that's in my power to change.

In any case, it just leads (and always will lead) only to this outcome:

> Those are good alternatives as well. I use FreeBSD as my desktop, but
> it's painful, and I wouldn't do it at all if I didn't need to.

Other OSes/projects, for some reason, are able to manage their
maintainer base to much better results, and it shows. It can either be
done here too, or the situation can be ignored for another five, ten
years, until FreeBSD fades into obscurity, eventually getting known only
as 'that OS where nothing works'. It's an issue that won't go away on
its own.

m.

--
Michal Varga,