Ports system trolling

Michal Varga varga.michal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 03:48:22 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-08-28 at 20:25 -0700, Doug Barton wrote:

> > Well, as far as I remember, you weren't using FreeBSD as a desktop OS
> > (or at least weren't much),
>
> This is really my day for lolz. :)  I have been using FreeBSD as my
> primary desktop OS for about 13 or 14 years, and have been using
> -current for most of that time. I also advocate strongly for people to
> do that, especially developers (and especially especially committers).

I see, my bad then. Might be that you were just stating that you're not
using Gnome, or KDE, or something along the line and it left a wrong
fingerprint in my memory. That's why I said that I'm not really sure.

Still, if that's the case, I wonder how your ports experience in that
regard could be so good. And substituting a full desktop environment for
like xorg+twm+vi doesn't count as a desktop in my book :)

(Ok, just trolling. But who knows...)

m.

--
Michal Varga,