How to escalate? ports/159276 - cmake

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sat Aug 27 23:58:55 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 03:35:29PM -0400, Jerry wrote:
> FreeBSD prefers to tell others about how great it is and conveniently
> hides its deficiencies.

There's been plenty of honest discussion on several public mailing lists
in the past 2 weeks that made some good points about what we're lacking.
Both committers and non-committers have contributed.

> They tend to live by the motto, "Never make anything simple and
> efficient when a way can be found to make it complex and inefficient"

Nonsense.

> and blame Microsoft or the hardware manufacturers for their problems.

Our major problem is being understaffed with respect to many of the
other OS options out there; and yet, we nearly manage to keep up anyways.
I don't remember the last time anyone on this list was blaming Microsoft
for doing anything other than making annoying software.

mcl