Re-organizing the directory hierarchy?

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Fri Aug 26 23:20:09 UTC 2011

I'm going to speak for myself and not portmgr here.

My take has always been that looking through the Ports Collection should
be done by some high-level search tool (e.g. website).  Just looking
through the raw portnames, even if they have descriptions, is mind-
numbing.

I don't believe that we should force users to do a great deal of work
on updating their systems to optimize for looking through the hierarchy
by command-line tools.  They're just the wrong tool for the job, in
this case.

IMHO.

mcl