ruby port downgrade

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Aug 25 12:01:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:41:48 +0100
Chris Rees articulated:

> Where have you been? Many people had trouble upgrading, asking on
> this very list about it, then the default switch was reverted, and
> again announced on this list.
>
> Please check the archive before making more demands on Steve's time.

Many people have problems installing/updating programs on FreeBSD and
report them here on nearly a daily basis. That is certainly not news.
There are all ready reported problems with the "libnotify and libproxy"
updates. Are you inferring that no one should update a port until it
has been verified as compatible and in proper working order or else
risk having it reverted? Isn't it the responsibility of who ever
releases said update into the ports system to verify if correctness? If
not, then there is a serious deficiency in the entire ports system
release mechanism. A problem that is becoming more and more profound
on a nearly daily basis that even a simple perusal of the daily list
messages would verify.

And where do you get off accusing me of violating Steve's time? He
volunteered an answer, abet not the one I was seeking, but
never-the-less a response. I certainly did not seek his counsel out.

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+ports at seibercom.net