ruby and amarok - dead lock?

Ion-Mihai Tetcu ionut at tetcu.info
Thu Aug 25 06:47:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 22:57:11 +0200
Heino Tiedemann <rotkaps_spam_trap at gmx.de> wrote:

> Oliver Heesakkers <FreeBSD at heesakkers.info> wrote:
>
> > Op dinsdag 23 augustus 2011 17:22:07 schreef Heino Tiedemann:
> >> Hi There
> >>

> >> ist is like a bite in your own ass (dead lock):
> >>

> >> [UODATING]: The default ruby version has been updated to 1.9.
> >> Please rebuild all ports that
> >>
> >> [AMAROK] BROKEN= does not build with ruby 1.9
> >>
> >> What To do?
> >>

> > Switch to audio/amarok-kde4.
>
> Bad idea.

+1
I feel the kde4 version lost everything that made amarok unique.

> That meins complete KDE switch.

For me too. And honestly, if I want something that looks like vista, I
can install windows 7 :) At least recent kde4 versions are snapier that
the fist ones, but I still don't feel motivated to move (which brings
on the question of what WM I'll be using in a year or two).

> > Unless it's an easy fix, I doubt these kde3/qt3 programs will get
> > the attention needed to fix it.
>
>  .. unfortunately :(

Yep.

--