audio/adpcm (Re: FreeBSD unmaintained ports which are currently scheduled for deletion)

Mikhail T. mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com
Mon Aug 22 02:54:09 UTC 2011

On -10.01.-28163 14:59, linimon at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> portname:           audio/adpcm
> maintainer:ports at FreeBSD.org
> deprecated because: No more public distfiles
> expiration date:    2011-09-01
> build errors:       none.
> overview:http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portoverview.py?category=audio&portname=adpcm
At least in this particular case, I don't think, the removal is warranted.

The public distfiles disappeared not because of a deliberate action by
the developer or copyright-holder, but simply because the entire
ftp.cwi.nl is now gone. Sites continue to host the file -- we should
allow CWI.net to sort things out with their FTP-server (or, perhaps,
they intend to offer the same code over HTTP later).

    -mi