FreeBSD ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Mon Aug 22 02:46:48 UTC 2011

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 08:30:42 +0200 (CEST)
linimon at FreeBSD.org wrote:

> portname:           net-p2p/teknap
> maintainer:         ports at FreeBSD.org
> deprecated because: Napster service is not working anymore
> expiration date:    2011-09-01
> build errors:       none.
> overview:
> http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portoverview.py?category=net-p2p&portname=teknap

Actually, as I pointed out re: the lopster port, which was previously
also scheduled for removal, the Opennap network is still very much
alive and well.  See http://www.gotnap.com

In addition, if someone wanted to try using the net-p2p/opennap port
(to run their own Opennap server), then TekNap is a very useful tool to
have available.

Please reconsider removing this port.  Thank you.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net