FreeBSD unmaintained ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

Michel Talon talon at lpthe.jussieu.fr
Sun Aug 21 15:44:25 UTC 2011

Kurt Jaeger wrote:

>> Looks like the outdated version we have in ports isn't kept there any
>> more. Would you like to be the port's new maintainer?
>
>I'll have a look at it.

I have played a little with the FreeBSD port for pari:

One needs to modify very little the Makefile:

CONFIGURE_ARGS= --prefix=${PREFIX} --share-prefix=${PREFIX}/share\
--mandir=${PREFIX}/man/man1 --with-gmp=${LOCALBASE}

This is so that the man pages go to the correct position.

MAJOR_VERSION=  2
MINOR_VERSION=  5
REV_VERSION=    0

I think all the emacs stuff has become useless.

The good distinfo is

niobe# cat distinfo
MD5 (pari-2.5.0.tar.gz) = 6077c6db56fdd32e39a06a9bf320e1f7
SHA256 (pari-2.5.0.tar.gz) =
5dc923b001ca0f8664facfafcd91946be63faf8f0e1df4b11bfac80f89ec37a2
MD5 (pari-2.5.0.tar.gz) = 0b595a1345679ff482785a686c863e9f
SIZE (pari-2.5.0.tar.gz) = 2714449

The patch files in files/ don't apply cleanly and are useless, except
patch-config-TOP_Make.SH
which removes compiling the doc. This may be fine because the doc is on
the web site, and requires TeX for compiling. Anyways the doc
compile needs make -> gmake (and then works) but i don't know how to
pass that to the system.

The make install installs less files than what is in pkg-plist.
In /usr/local/bin:
	gp gp-2.5 gphelp tex2mail

In /usr/local/include/pari
genpari.h  pari.h     paricfg.h  paridecl.h parigen.h  parinf.h
paripriv.h parisys.h
mpinl.h    paricast.h paricom.h  parierr.h  pariinl.h  pariold.h
paristio.h paritune.h

In /usr/local/share/pari:

niobe# ls -R /usr/local/share/pari
PARI      doc       examples  misc      pari.desc

/usr/local/share/pari/PARI:
822.pm

/usr/local/share/pari/doc:
Makefile      appd.tex      parimacro.tex refcard.ps    tutorial.dvi
users.tex     usersch3.tex
appa.tex      libpari.dvi   pdfmacs.tex   refcard.tex   tutorial.tex
usersch1.tex  usersch4.tex
appb.tex      paricfg.tex   refcard.dvi   translations  users.dvi
usersch2.tex  usersch5.tex

/usr/local/share/pari/examples:
EXPLAIN     Makefile    cl.gp       contfrac.gp lucas.gp    squfof.gp
Inputrc     bench.gp    classno.gp  extgcd.c    rho.gp      taylor.gp

/usr/local/share/pari/misc:
README    color.dft gpalias   gpflog    gprc.dft  pari.xpm  xgp
niobe# ls -R /usr/local/share/pari
PARI      doc       examples  misc      pari.desc

/usr/local/share/pari/PARI:
822.pm

/usr/local/share/pari/doc:
Makefile      appd.tex      parimacro.tex refcard.ps    tutorial.dvi
users.tex     usersch3.tex
appa.tex      libpari.dvi   pdfmacs.tex   refcard.tex   tutorial.tex
usersch1.tex  usersch4.tex
appb.tex      paricfg.tex   refcard.dvi   translations  users.dvi
usersch2.tex  usersch5.tex

/usr/local/share/pari/examples:
EXPLAIN     Makefile    cl.gp       contfrac.gp lucas.gp    squfof.gp
Inputrc     bench.gp    classno.gp  extgcd.c    rho.gp      taylor.gp

/usr/local/share/pari/misc:
README    color.dft gpalias   gpflog    gprc.dft  pari.xpm  xgp

And finally the man pages in /usr/local/man/man1
gp-2.5.1 gp.1 gphelp.1 pari.1 tex2mail.1
and the compressed versions.

Good luck

--

Michel TALON