Deprecation of lang/smarteiffel (Re: Deprecation: round3)

Patrick Lamaiziere patfbsd at davenulle.org
Sun Aug 21 14:27:12 UTC 2011

Le Sun, 21 Aug 2011 13:30:15 +0100,
Chris Rees <crees at freebsd.org> a écrit :

Hello,

> > I think lang/smarteiffel is a good candidate (does not fetch since
> > years, project dead, broken on AMD64 with gcc > 4)
> >

> Hm, last edit to the Wiki over two years ago, I agree. Since it's
> 'maintained' I've stuck in a PR rather than immediately deprecate it.
>
> http://smarteiffel.loria.fr/wiki/en/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&hideminor=0&hideliu=0&hidebots=0&hidepatrolled=0&limit=50&days=1500&limit=50

The version in ports is a fork of SmartEiffel (SE) 1.1. This was a
"transitional version" made by Daniel F Moisset to help the transition
of programs using SE 1 to SE 2 (loria), which has an Eiffel dialect
incompatible with SE1 :-(

Web site is dead, but there is still the announce of SE 1.2r7 on gmame :
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.eiffel.smalleiffel.transitional/88

SE 2 from the Loria is not in ports (and it's dead too anyway).

Sorry for this missing history in my previous mail.
Regards.