FreeBSD Port: pdftk-1.44

Shaddox, William Wshaddox at Vestcom.com
Fri Aug 12 14:09:50 UTC 2011

We use pdftk for shuffling pdfs together and adding watermarks to a pdf with the stamp command.  We've found that if we start with a pdf that's over 2GB in size, pdftk will give the error below and stop working.  Is there any work around for this or is this a known issue?  I've checked the FAQ but I didn't see anything about this size limitation.

Our system is running FreeBSD version 8.2 -RELEASE AMD64 and pdftk version 1.44

Error: Failed to open PDF file:
   Output_name.pdf
Errors encountered.  No output created.
Done.  Input errors, so no output created.

           William M. Shaddox