Deprecation: round3

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Wed Aug 3 07:11:29 UTC 2011

Eitan Adler <lists at eitanadler.com> wrote:

> > "make fetch" succeeded for every one of the ~150 ports that
> > I tried from that list, using the first site it attempted in
> > the considerable majority of cases.
>
> Did it fetch from a FreeBSD distfile mirror? We don't count
> that as functioning correctly.

I'm aware of that, which is why I pointed out that most of them
fetched from the first site that "make fetch" attempted.  Of course
that would not be a FreeBSD _mirror_ (although in a few cases it is
somewhere under ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/
-- I take it those particular ports are FreeBSD-hosted).

As just one example, the first site attempted for net/netscript
was heanet.dl.sourceforge.net and the distfile was found there.