FreeBSD Port: postfix-2.8.4,1

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Mon Aug 1 11:14:38 UTC 2011

Hi,
I upgraded postfix-2.8.3,1 to postfix-2.8.4,1 yesterday and today I
realized, that postfix is nolonger in my manualy defined group
(maildirs:*:3125:postfix). I use this setting for many years without
problem.
After the change to "use the ports framework to create USERS and GROUPS"
it means broken installation after upgrade.

1] I don't think it is good to touch user's customizations in users or
groups especially removing something silently

2] If something like this change happend, it should be mentioned in UPDATING

Am I forced to do manual work (adding postfix to my group) after each
upgrade?

Miroslav Lachman