porter handbook MASTER_SITES section outdated?

Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh sunpoet at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 1 06:26:15 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 10:37:48PM +0100, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> In sec 5.4.2 MASTER_SITES in the porter handbook:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-distfiles.html#AEN1512
>
> the example given is:
>
> MASTER_SITES=         ${MASTER_SITE_GNU}
>
> However, sunpoet@ has just committed my patch
> changing my ${IGNORE_MASTER_SITE_XCONTRIB} and
> ${MASTER_SITE_LOCAL} to:
>
> MASTER_SITES=   XCONTRIB/applications \
>                 http://seis.bris.ac.uk/~mexas/ \
>                 LOCAL/simon
>
> Are both forms acceptable? Or is the form
> given in the porters handbook outdated?

Hi Anton,

I'm using the condensed format (the second grey box in that section).
It's more clear as the complex MASTER_SITES/MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR modifiers
(${foo:S///} and :foo) can be eliminated in your case.
Thanks.

Regards,
sunpoet