Best way to uninstall X

Erich Dollansky erich at alogreentechnologies.com
Fri Apr 8 03:00:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Thursday 07 April 2011 23:59:04 Attos wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> What is the best way to uninstall X and all the applications that run under
> X?

just redirect the outout if pkg_info into a file and edit it is my way of doing things like this.

I basically create with this a script which deletes all ports I do not want to pull through an upgrade from X.y to Y.x.

It will take some time to edit it but I did not find a better way excpet of pkg_delete -a which deletes all ports.

This can be dangerous if you have only remote access to the machine depending on how you access the machine.

Erich