Create bootstrap binaries for openjdk

David DEMELIER demelier.david at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 18:57:33 UTC 2010

Hello,

For people who try to install openjdk, they saw that we need to
install an other available jdk like diablo-jdk which is really painful
to install from ports since we need to fetch one million of distfiles
manually.

What NetBSD' pkgsrc done is making availables binaries for
bootstrapping, I would propose this idea too then the port will not
depend on the non-free and painful diablo-jdk.

Bootstrap binaries should be done for FreeBSD 7.x release and 8.x
release for i386 and amd64 architecture, then the port will be able to
download the bootstrap binaries from official FreeBSD ftp servers.

I like much this idea, and if you agree on I will send a PR with
patches for it, but since I don't have FreeBSD 7.x version I would
like someone to make binaries for i386 and amd64.

With kind regards,

--
Demelier David