ptlib build failure - breaks pwlib - hence also asterisk - opal - & openh323

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Thu Sep 23 19:31:45 UTC 2010

>   23.09.2010 04:14, David Southwell написав(ла):
> > > To OP (David Southwell):
> > >

> > > Do you have openssl installed from ports (so it shows up in pkg_info
> > >
> > > output)?
>
> David, I think, it is much easier for you to answer the above simple
> question, than for the others to attempt the below experiment...
>
> > > To port maintainers:
> > >

> > > Could you try to build your ports in the presence of openssl installed
> > >
> > > from ports?
> >
> > Have any maintainers tried this?
>
> Not me...
>
>     -mi

Just to follow up my last post here is the text of my post:
---------------------------------
eXTRACT FOLL;OWS:
__________________________
> Do you have openssl installed from ports (so it shows up in pkg_info
> output)?

Yes

dns1# pkg_info |grep ssl
dsssl-docbook-modular-1.79_1,1 DSSSL stylesheets for the DocBook DTD by Norman
Walsh
linux-openssl-0.9.7f_2 SSL and crypto library (Linux Version)
openssl-1.0.0_2     SSL and crypto library
php5-openssl-5.3.3_2 The openssl shared extension for php
py26-openssl-0.10   Python interface to the OpenSSL library
qca-ossl-2.0.0.b3_4 QCA OpenSLL plugin

> That might be the cause of your build failures while pointyhat cluster
> builds affected ports without errors.
>
> To port maintainers:
>
> Could you try to build your ports in the presence of openssl installed
> from ports?
>
> 0.02$,
> Alexey.
Thanks Alexey

david
------------------------------------\End of extract

See also:
Extract from posting by Jerry <freebsd-ports.user at seibercom.net>
A few months ago, after upgrading to version 8/amd64 and installing
OpenSSL from ports, I had several ports bomb out when I attempted to
build them. I filed PR's against them and contacted the maintainers. It
appeared that the majority of these port maintainers were not even aware
that their port would not build in the presents of OpenSSL when it was
installed via the ports tree. In any case, I was able to get them to
fix their ports to build correctly.

What amazed me is that this is such a common occurrence that it should
have been contemplated when the port was released. Perhaps the Porters
Handbook should list ports that have a corresponding base system
counterpart; thereby, alerting the maintainer that he/she should test
against both versions to insure full compatibility.

Eceryone seems to be saying "hey do not bother me about this -- it must be
something crazy about David's system" when everyone knows that ports need to
be built to take account of openssl from ports!

David

Photographic Artist
Permanent Installations & Design
Creative Imagery and Advanced Digital Techniques
High Dynamic Range Photography & Official Portraiture
Combined darkroom & digital creations
& Systems Adminstrator for the vizion2000.net network